How iWatch Works - Page 3
Querying iWatch Data
The level of detail available with from a tool as powerful as iWatch might be overwhelming without an equally powerful means to view, filter, and dissect the data. So iWatch makes it easy to pinpoint just what you need, quickly, with an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI).
Designed to work seamlessly across all major database platforms, the GUI is the simplest & fastest way to view performance data. From either the Windows Client or Web GUI, you can:
- Identify the slowest n queries
- Pinpoint the slowest-running SQLs, by any metric.
- See everything that was going on when a slowdown occurred, whether it occurred five minutes ago, or the day before yesterday.
- Differentiate poorly-performing SQLs from server-side delays, network delays, client-side delays, or delays that might be a side-effect of some other process.
- See who issued that regrettably complex ad hoc query, when, where & from what application.
- Identify usage patterns that may suggest candidates for tuning, such as frequently-utilized stored procedures, or heavily accessed tables.
- See everything that took place within a single session.
- And much, much more....
The results can be viewed at the detail or summary level, narrowed by applying pre-selected or custom filters, and narrowed again by search-within-search.
For advanced searches, the GUI guides the user through the construction of complex filters, based on PERL-Compatible Regular Expressions (even if the user knows nothing about PERL). Of course, any filter can be saved for later re-use, or used to trigger proactive alerts or actions.
A built-in reporting module produces easily shareable reports which can be viewed directly, or exported to a variety of common formats, including Excel, Crystal Reports, .pdf, .csv, .rtf and others. iWatch data is also readily exportable, and accessible via industry-standard tools such as Crystal Reports or Microsoft Excel.
We could tell you more, but nothing is more persuasive than seeing for it yourself. To see what iWatch can do your own environment, just fill out the online download request, and we'll send you a complementary eval copy that works with your database, on your platform.